[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - RUFFIES - 2018

RUFFIES - 2018

Order by Date Ascending

Betting and Staking -- Discuss betting and staking
Page 2 of 2

Go to Page: 21.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

Good luck to all, in 2018 - here's hoping our 2018 ruffies, can earn a 2 star rating - early year, would be good

Author: Todman
Subject: RUFFIES - 2018

Time: 29/12/2017 6:52:14 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Subject: Re: RUFFIES - 2018

Time: 21/2/2018 4:23:32 PM

Blog Reply:

an other faux pas by me re the sex of a horse - it irritates me a fair bit when others do it but I am blaming too many brain cells washed away over the years.

Author: another_tipsta

Time: 21/2/2018 2:09:18 PM

Blog Reply:

Cbry R8

#Sexy Eyes
Ok the name is as bad as it gets but there are some pluses:

1stup OK
Waller/McEvoy
Won at distance
$9 fixed odds

Author: another_tipsta

Time: 21/2/2018 1:31:16 PM

Blog Reply:

An interesting mares race and I put something on Windbern.

Found Near Queue frustrating in the last three runs, last time ran forward, it didn't suit while the two times before it was run as a backmarker and was like one of these always running on but never getting there. Wonder what happens today (little on it too).

Of course Diapason with r84 will be the one they all want to beat, similar Florida Pearl but they are obvious and what they will be paying.

Time: 21/2/2018 7:44:33 AM

Blog Reply:

one for today

MR4 Windbern - still showing at $14 & $4.20 - probably 1 run too early, but with bigger targets, connections will want to improve his rating.

Author: Branded

Time: 18/2/2018 10:43:15 AM

Blog Reply:

Well done Todman.

Petites Reward on Friday Night.

Paid about $19.

Author: Zappy Hero

Time: 17/2/2018 3:34:12 PM

Blog Reply:

Kanga’s Eye.

Author: Ramses

Time: 17/2/2018 12:17:52 PM

Blog Reply:

MR2 - Embellish
SR8 - Yulong Xingsheng e/w

Good luck all

Author: hinksy

Time: 17/2/2018 11:40:14 AM

Blog Reply:

AR7 #3 Miss Joolia i think the race will suit with savanero setting a good pace and she'll come home.

BR9 # 10 Denbern would like a bit more rain tho.

MR9 #14 Glenrowan prince will lead with light weight, but the sprint from barrier 15 might take the edge of him at the finish.

And to round off my ruffie multi in each state SR7 #4 Miss gunpowder, (not ruff) not noted 1st up, but Hayes has her up sydo for some reason.

Time: 17/2/2018 10:16:16 AM

Blog Reply:

BR4 Bodega Negra - tipped this a few weeks ago, but race was abandoned - providing the track idoes not improve past a slow 7, then he can turn his form around - $21 & $6.50 - only pays 2 places

BR7 Bracteate - $26 & $7 2 runs back from a letup - if he can get over to near lead and near fence, he may out plug them

BR9 Drumbeats Choice - wet track may help him turnaround poor Doomben stats $61 & $16 - right distance and track conditions

SR3 The Bandit - $15 & $4.20 - he's my early ruffie for the Syd Cup - should place at least

MR 2 Velox - considered making him a best bet, but form doesn't support him as a best bet - just think he is well suited in this class and the ride last start was a shocker - $14 & $3.90

MR7 Eclair Sunshine - $21 & $6 - ran well in black type races in spring - the stable knows how to produce winners in Melb - a bit more patience than his last attempt at this distance and track, would see him win this.

AR5 Vonrasana - $21 & $6 - a leap in class but drop in weight and a great ride from Claire - can figure

Time: 16/2/2018 12:51:18 PM

Blog Reply:

Tonight

MR3 Petite's Reward - hasn't been able to get the 1200m yet, but if she takes a sit, rather than lead, she may crack it tonight $16 & $4

MR8 Valderrams - $23 & $4.60 - providing it is not a leaders track, he can blouse them in straight - ignore last start and he generally comes good after a few runs into prep.

Time: 10/2/2018 11:53:07 AM

Blog Reply:

Not that ruff
SR4 #3 Volpe

Author: changaboy

Time: 10/2/2018 11:34:18 AM

Blog Reply:

SR7-NETTOYER-Going up in grade and probably short of her best but she should be an oaks winner

MR7-ILLUMICON-Very disappointing first up but Tony said total forgive....he's got a big opinion of this horse

Time: 10/2/2018 9:19:58 AM

Blog Reply:

BR2 So Invincible - a speculator - has been gelded after running into fair form last prep - $27 & $5.25

MR1 Adironack - $16 - been a while since winning, but fitter than most

SR1 Partners - another speculator - Corey travelled to Hawkesbury to trial him

That's it - getting in early to build the bank or become a spectator

Time: 3/2/2018 12:50:08 PM

Blog Reply:

syd race 5 no 10 lady guissel nice claim
syd race 8 no 9 alzin ready to win

Author: Branded

Time: 2/2/2018 8:04:04 PM

Blog Reply:

Brisbane Race6 No9 Reigning Thunder.

First Up 1110m,Barrier4,Murphy On,52kg.

Trainer has adopted.

Time: 2/2/2018 1:43:08 PM

Blog Reply:

I have gone the early crow a few times recently, re assessing chances in advance of a wet track, only to find the rain never happened or the track was upgraded big time.

I don't think this is a possibility, re Doomben. The biggest danger to taking an early price, is a raft of scratchings that make the early bet risky, due to deductions.

BR8 Bodega Negra - he is highly inconsistent, but if the track is heavy, or even a soft 6 or 7, he may still be a ruffie, but not a $101 one.

Time: 27/1/2018 9:49:57 AM

Blog Reply:

MR1 Master of Arts

BR1 Kaiser Franz - has poor form, but the blinkers off may help him to settle and he loves the track

Author: Ramses

Time: 20/1/2018 3:11:47 PM

Blog Reply:

First crack for the year.

MR9 Simply Splashing and Curragh

Author: Zappy Hero

Time: 20/1/2018 1:31:25 PM

Blog Reply:

Leodoro

I know it’s a money gobbler, but I will also back Pioneering today. Thought it’s last start was a vast improvement so could be coming back to some semblance of form.

Time: 20/1/2018 1:00:16 PM

Blog Reply:

not that ruff,
syd race 8 no 10 pumpkin pie

Page 2 of 2

Go to Page: 21.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.