[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Nearly Time

Nearly Time

Order by Date Ascending

Racing and Sports -- Site comments or suggestions
Page 6 of 6

Go to Page: 654321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

I was reading that Winx is coming back to racing on 17th February and following her usual campaign. Looks like the overseas trip, as predicted, is going nowhere.

I can understand why she won't be going. Why would you travel overseas when you can beat up the local no hopers for much more prize money.

It won't be long until Gary gives us one of his heart rendering posts about "the champ being in trouble" and "can her courage keep her going". If and when she beats up the usual no hopers then we can be treated to other quotes like "it is not what she beats but how she beats them". I like that one, it is a nice way of saying she has once again beaten nothing.

Red Excitement and Happy Clapper will be back again as well as that third stringer from Godolphin. We can all feel humble and privileged and burst in to tears as our locally bred superstars fill the places. We can also feel lucky that First Seal got injured and retired and that Astern went to stud otherwise she probably wouldn't have won a race.

Now even the dunderheads on the forum know that she is the product of an overseas shuttle stallion so help me out with this one.

Who is the best Aussie bred horse or horses she has beaten? Perhaps L.Rex can give us some of his ratings. You know, the ones he uses in assessing form in HK.

The silence is deafening!

Author: gladys
Subject: Nearly Time

Time: 20/1/2018 11:00:10 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Subject: Re: Nearly Time

Time: 4/3/2018 10:43:03 AM

Blog Reply:

Yes Macca, they were pretty ordinary weren't they.

I reckon by the end of the Autumn, leaving out
Winx, the two Japanese discards will be rated as our best WFA horses.

They must be laughing their collective heads off in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Author: Rex

Time: 3/3/2018 10:53:55 PM

Blog Reply:

Odd having three trials?

Seriously- youre a clueless goose

Author: maccamax

Time: 3/3/2018 7:49:32 PM

Blog Reply:

WELL Gladys, our WFA races failed the test big time. The two 3YOs who earned their highest ratings in Open WFA, ran like the older cats who have been beating them.

That knocks about 4K of my WFA assessments in the future.

So take about 3 or 4L off the Winx world title (the ball is in the scrum) lol.

Time: 3/3/2018 1:11:38 PM

Blog Reply:

Yes I agree with you, Macca. They can all get beaten.

I thought it was a bit odd having three trials for a horse having its first up run. I am not convinced with that jockey excuse.

If she is going to get beaten it would be much better for racing if it was an up and coming three year old who won rather than some old hack having a once in a lifetime stellar run.

Time: 3/3/2018 9:11:47 AM

Blog Reply:

I have to agree Gladys. The Winx return has lost a lot with trainers opting to avoid a meeting with her.

I was hoping the 3YO Addictive Nature might provide some interest but they have gone to the Guineas at Flemington.

So uncertain is racing that we will all have hearts in mouth later today. We must never forget Ajax went down at $1.025 some years ago.

I'm hoping a couple of 3YOs, returning to their own age group, will justify their recent ratings, earned against older horses. Namely, Mighty Boss & Addictive Nature. If they don't, it does pose a question on the ratings value placed on these open WFA Group Races.

Time: 2/3/2018 10:20:34 AM

Blog Reply:

Does that mean you'll do us all a favour and disappear from here again whilst your away?

Make sure you drop in and say hi.

"Hi WCF. I love the banter on the forum. I trust you don't take it personally, just a bit of fun"

"Anyhow, back to the stirring. Hope you back a few winners and keep up the cracking slings at me. Regards Gladys"

Time: 2/3/2018 8:46:19 AM

Blog Reply:

I am going back over to the UK for a few months soon, L. Rex.

Would you like me to find a suitable remedial reading class for you whilst I am there?

Time: 1/3/2018 6:47:51 PM

Blog Reply:

Why is the "World's Greatest Horse" getting weight off no hopers who aren't even up to weight for age class?

Bop Bag

Even by your low standards you've excelled yourself here. Its called the Weight For Age scale. Its in place all around the world. You do realise Enable was getting weight, and a lot of weight from most of her opposition when she won the Arc? You need to get out more.

"Hi WCF. I love the banter on the forum. I trust you don't take it personally, just a bit of fun"

"Anyhow, back to the stirring. Hope you back a few winners and keep up the cracking slings at me. Regards Gladys"

Time: 1/3/2018 9:38:48 AM

Blog Reply:

If you think the Chipping Norton was bad, just have a look at the field for the "Group One" Surround.

What an embarrassment. That appalling Group One will be on some horse's CV in years to come to promote their achievements whilst on the track.

That pathetic Chipping Norton should be relegated to an open mile given the total lack of class and run under set weights with penalties conditions. Give them all say 56.5 and penalise Winx say, 5kg penalty.

More Joyous used to carry that type of weight and win. Why is the "World's Greatest Horse" getting weight off no hopers who aren't even up to weight for age class?

Time: 27/2/2018 7:01:08 AM

Blog Reply:

Just have a look at the nominations for the Chipping Norton on Saturday.

As usual, the stablemates make up half the nominations and there does not seem to be one other horse that has Group One race for age form. I guess the only weight for age horses that we have are still recovering from being towelled up in Melbourne last Saturday by those two Japanese discards.

Calling this race a Group One is a bit like having the two local 4th grade cricket teams competing for a trophy called "Test Match Challenge".

It will be the same old jog trot with Winx out sprinting the one paced handicappers to win. We can then all have a good cry and repeat the mantra, "it is not who she beats, just how she does it."

Just one question, leaving Winx aside, who is the best Group One weight for age horse in this field?

Time: 26/2/2018 8:29:59 AM

Blog Reply:

Go and get some help with your reading L. Rex.

That was Khap you said that to, not me.

Time: 25/2/2018 7:59:18 PM

Blog Reply:

Definition of Dunderhead- someone who tells you 4/7 is a bad price about a horse who goes off 1/5 in a race they claim is the worse renewal they have ever seen.

Time: 25/2/2018 3:06:08 PM

Blog Reply:

Oh yes Hands, you really put me in my place with your blinding brilliance.

I think you qualify to join L.Rex, Loges and the Little Helper in Team Dunderhead.

Author: Hands N Heels

Time: 25/2/2018 2:14:14 PM

Blog Reply:

Thanks for your response Gladys, walked right into it as expected. You did confirm one thing for me, you're really just not very bright.

P.S. No need to respond, I won't be reading any more or your one-dimensional diatribe. I've seen enough of you dribbling in your bib to know what you’re really about and racehorse quality is low on that list. Have a nice life.

Time: 24/2/2018 7:39:57 PM

Blog Reply:

Says the man who on one hand tells us the 2017 Cox Plate is the worse renewal he has ever seen, and on the other hand tells us that 4/7 about Winx (the horse who has won the previous two and holds the race record and goes off 1/5) is shocking value.

Its ok to have an opinion, but when that opinion contradicts itself its not so ok. Maybe its time you started listening to others Bop Bag.

Time: 24/2/2018 1:36:23 PM

Blog Reply:

Not all the racing media, Hands. I do admit a lot think like you however.

As to what the racing media think, I couldn't care less. I make up my own mind not what some talking head tells me I should think.

Now run along now and have a bet on whatever horse is suggested in your racing media's view.

Author: Hands N Heels

Time: 24/2/2018 12:28:18 PM

Blog Reply:

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have mine"

So too do all the racing media, an opinion you so willingly seem to deny them. Get over yourself. Unfortunately not a single person willing to say so, apart from the other troll, shares your opinion.

Coincidence?

Time: 24/2/2018 9:56:45 AM

Blog Reply:

He certainly is highly regarded, Macca. I think originally he was the price assessor for Terry Page and then went on to be one of Australia's biggest bookmakers. He also ran Eagleform too as I recall. I also remember that he thought Mahler was a good thing in the Melbourne Cup a few years back.

He is entitled to his opinion just like you and me.

Tell me, did the interviewer ask him who was the best Aussie bred horses either of these two beat?

Time: 24/2/2018 2:11:26 AM

Blog Reply:

Only today Gladys I heard an in depth interview with Dominic Burnie. He had no doubts the best 2 horses of his time have been Black Caviar & Winx. He has been about for several generations & regarded highly as a form student.

I'm the first to acknowledge it is silly to compare great horses of different eras, but it is also silly to deride champions who can only beat what lines up against them.

The best horse In my memory will be Prairie Fire if it wins the Blue Diamond tomorrow as I am about to raid the money box to invest.

Time: 23/2/2018 7:12:06 PM

Blog Reply:

Hate to disappoint you Bop Bag- I know how much you like feeding on your own filth, so here we go

Page 6 of 6

Go to Page: 654321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.