[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - The Carnival - It's over

The Carnival - It's over

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 4 of 4

Go to Page: 4321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

That "carnival" they call The Championships is over, but we still don't know what championships they were intending to decide. Winx still beat up on the same old cattle as many times before and also a group 3 import who got the closest. Hardly a championship. There was the Derby and the Oaks, but they've been around for over a 100 years. Other states have them too. They are hardly championships or events deciding the best 3yo's of either gender.

It is all a bit of a cringe, just like the Winx fanfare and hysteria of recent months.

Those races on the previous 2 Saturdays were hardly grand finals either, as some like to call them. Contestants are still going through their campaign like those in another deplorable Group 1, the All Aged Stakes. I thought Aussie was the land of sprinters, well that is what we hear. An English import who has arrived via Dubai is equal second favourite. That is what they think of the Aussie sprint form and depth.

Now we wait for all the horses to appear that we heard were avoiding Winx. I don't know who they are. I don't think anyone does, but they keep telling us about them. Too bad for them whoever they are, that the Championships are over, until next year.

Author: Khaptingly
Subject: The Carnival - It's over

Time: 19/4/2019 4:46:45 AM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: gladys
Subject: Re: The Carnival - It's over

Time: 4/5/2019 8:33:57 AM

Blog Reply:

Gary.

Of course there will be internet, but I go on holidays to have a break from clowns.

Now whilst I am away why don't you and the mutual admiration society of dullards get together and try and work out who is the best wfa horse in Australia now that Winx has given up.

If that proves too hard then why don't you have some quiet time and try to discover your true identity. You seem to struggling at the moment.

Meanwhile whilst you face those challenges I will be relaxing in the Caribbean.

I know you lot will be at a loss whilst I am gone but you all just have to learn how to let go of your obsession with me. Perhaps Khap may be kind enough to continue your respective educations whilst I am gone.

Time: 4/5/2019 1:26:45 AM

Blog Reply:

Same here redbaron. There are certain things you cannot say I have found that out and that does not include swearing.

I do have a laugh though. I started this thread and like others I create they are a hit, month after month. They said years ago I was irrelevant but I draw them to this forum year after year.

Many times all they can talk about is Gladys and I. Still it keeps the place going. Some sad lives out there but Gladys and I give them them something to do.

Author: Mantank

Time: 3/5/2019 9:10:22 PM

Blog Reply:

Good for you Gladys. It's important to rest after a tough season, particularly one without success. Better luck next season.

Author: Gary Still

Time: 3/5/2019 10:35:38 AM

Blog Reply:

So Gladys, during this "beaut holiday", you'll be without internet?

Author: theredbaron

Time: 3/5/2019 9:43:53 AM

Blog Reply:

Amusing to see that my posts which criticise other posters have not been posted. Without those posters, the forum would be dead as a morgue....yawn yawn....

The refusal to publish my posts is in itself, an admission that the forum has totally degenerated.

Time: 3/5/2019 7:22:12 AM

Blog Reply:

Haven't gone home Mantank, I am at home. Just packing for a departure overseas for another beaut holiday.

Glad to see you and those other two clowns have nothing else to talk about but Khap and myself.

Author: Rex

Time: 2/5/2019 4:51:50 PM

Blog Reply:

You once said you were in your 60's K Dill.

Seriously?

Time: 2/5/2019 1:03:10 PM

Blog Reply:

So, Dudley Dursley has packed his bat and ball and gone home, doesn't want to play anymore.

Meantime one half of Crabbe and Goyle comes on the scene, clucking garbage and with no idea of what's going on.

Classic.

Time: 2/5/2019 9:21:49 AM

Blog Reply:

Humidor?

Have you already forgotten my reply from a week ago.

Time: 2/5/2019 3:28:49 AM

Blog Reply:

As lightweight as you are, I know enough to see that you are throwing your weight around.

Time: 1/5/2019 10:54:29 PM

Blog Reply:

K Dill once again demonstrating he hasn't got a clue what has gone on.

Another clown.

Time: 1/5/2019 7:19:08 PM

Blog Reply:

"You and I had barely conversed on here for years. I let a heap of your rubbish slide, couldnt have cared less. But then you tried it on with me. I even warned you not to, but you did anyway."

Yes get walking Gladys. Run. Big bad Rex is after you. Be really scared. lol

Time: 1/5/2019 6:20:07 PM

Blog Reply:

What a load of BS Bop Bag.

You and I had barely conversed on here for years. I let a heap of your rubbish slide, couldnt have cared less. But then you tried it on with me. I even warned you not to, but you did anyway.

Among other things you called me a liar and then when I defended that accusation by telling the truth you called me a big noter, you mocked me and told another forum user you loved stirring and you thought I was a drunk.

All I did was set you up for a bet (got to say, that was way easier than it should have been) that you lost and never honoured.

You're a low life troll. Nothing more nothing less. Jog on and dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Time: 1/5/2019 3:43:20 PM

Blog Reply:

Gary, You know everything, work it out yourself.

Any idea when Humidor is coming back?

Time: 1/5/2019 3:34:46 PM

Blog Reply:

Gladys,

"I am off on a holiday for a while now..."

Real or virtual?

Time: 1/5/2019 9:02:55 AM

Blog Reply:

For the number of years I have been on this forum one thing has remained constant. The mere fact that either Khap, Fairburn or myself question the quality of either Australian racing or sport draws one response. We are told we are anti-Australian, we are told we are liars, mugs, fools and then lectured by the great self important know it alls.

This usually leads to a fair bit of slinging back from the three of us, probably more so from me and then the inevitable happens. We receive this sanctimonious, moralising lecture from The Parrot backed up by his toadying cronies.

If Khap, Fairburn and I did not post there would be no forum. It would be old folksy, self congratulatory tripe from the mutual admiration society until even they became bored with their own stupidity.

Just because we don't agree with your point of view doesn't mean we are trolls. That is just your easy way of defending your own ill thought out points of view.

I am off on a holiday for a while now so just watch what happens. You had better hope that Khap and Fairburn have something to say or all you will get is "Tales From The Aviary".

Time: 30/4/2019 9:36:40 PM

Blog Reply:

Tootsie, you'll find I generally disagree with those presenting opinion as fact and those presenting falsehoods as truths. You just happen to be prevalent at both.

You criticise those who hold nothing but positive, often popular opinion, yet you hold nothing but the contrarian position. Do you not see the irony?

I'll gladly debate any opinion. But do us a favour old girl, get your facts correct at least most the time. This thread has been an exercise in pulling your pants down repeatedly.

Time: 30/4/2019 9:18:07 PM

Blog Reply:

Great analysis, based on sound reasoning and judgement. Doesn't always come true, but was close to spot on this time. Hence why the best horse, the highest rated horse, was a poor bet.

Time: 30/4/2019 7:20:01 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag

now lets get back to what we do best, you saying stup1d things and me pulling your pants down yet again.

Beat The Clock after the event? As several in here know, I write an article on Hong Kong racing, most in here would know about it because you run in here any time I dont tip a winner in it (yet stay silent when I do tip well).

Here is my take on Beat The Clocks race. Keep in mind Mr Stunning, who usually goes forward, was still in when it went to print.

Take note of the last paragraph muppet

My next best (NB) on the card is BEAT THE CLOCK, who runs in race 6, the Chairman’s Sprint Prize over the 6 furlongs, due off at 820am.

The Australian horse Santa Ana Lane arrives here as the highest rated sprinter in the world on the back of four G1 wins in the last twelve months including an emphatic victory in the T J Smith at Randwick last time out.

He follows the same path as Chautauqua did when winning this race in 2016, however the locals are very tough to beat in this with Chautauqua the only raider to have won the race since its inception in 1994.

Santa Ana Lane gets a good chance to buck that trend here and the draw in 10 probably isn’t as big a conundrum as it usually would be over the 6 furlong trip as like Chautauqua, he runs his best races when held up, although maybe not quiet to the same extent as the old grey marvel.

However he meets a couple of talented locals in Mr Stunning and Beat The Clock, along with Rattan who surprisingly beat the pair last time out, and based on so many top rated international sprinters (Blue Point springs to mind) being turned over by the locals in the big Group 1 Hong Kong sprints, I think it may pay to go with home ground advantage.

Both Mr Stunning and Beat The Clock meet Rattan 5lb better off today, and even if the latter runs to the same level he did last time, that along with a wide draw should be enough for the form to be turned around.

Mr Stunning and Beat The Clock are old sparing partners having met many times for varying results, including when second and third (respectively) in this race last year. However Beat The Clock, the younger of the two, has got the better of the argument at their last two meetings and it could just be he has improved enough that he is now the one to beat when the pair meet, albeit Mr Stunning is an incredibly honest and talented horse at this level.

Both will go forward here and could possibly be joined by the Japanese mare Nac Venus, who is somewhat of an unknown quantity, but has won to Group 3 level, back home, but she has been turned over in all four spins in Group 1 company.

Rattan may also press forward but has a wide draw (9) to contend with today. However there isn’t the manic speed we often see in major Group 1 sprints in Hong Kong and this will work out well for the selection who should go very close to making it win number two at the top level.

Time: 30/4/2019 7:14:05 PM

Blog Reply:

Bop Bag,

Let me tell you a little 'personal' story just like Fairburn did a while back.

Very close friends of my family had a daughter, she was like family to us. She did herself in as a teenager because of bullying, some of this bullying was online.

As far as Im concerned if you dont fight it you condone it. I dont argue with you because you disagree with me, I couldnt give a hoot what your view is. I argue with you because what you do is filth and aimed at the wrong person its dangerous.

Told you when you first tried it on with me you'd pick the wrong person. And the offer to have a beer next time Im over your way stands. Im genuinely interested in what type of person feels the need to fill their day belittling others online.

Page 4 of 4

Go to Page: 4321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.